The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

A 33-year-old Maui man is suffering from what appears to be botulism poisoning after eating a recalled Castleberry product, according to the State Department of Health.

The Cattledrive Chili was purchased at Costco in Kahului and made by Castleberry’s Food Co. At the time of purchase, he was unaware of several recalled Castleberry products. Wednesday night he ate the chili and became ill hours later.

The man and his cousin went back to Costco and that was when they heard about the recall.

He is displaying botulism symptoms including diarrhea, nausea, facial paralysis, numbness and weakness. His cousin has also begun to show signs of botulism poisoning as well.

Four people in Indiana and Texas have been hospitalized after eating Castleberry brand hot dog chili sauce. The FDA has sent experts to the Georgia plant where the Castleberry products were canned.

For more information on this subject, please refer to our section on Defective and Dangerous Products.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest