Eating at the Taste of Chicago food festival left several hundred people sick. One couple was hospitalized for four days due to salmonella poisoning.
Now, the couple filed a lawsuit against Pars Cove Persian Cuisine, whose taste booth was the source of the salmonella contaminated hummus, the lawsuit states.
The couple suffered from high fever, dehydration and diarrhea. The suit was filed in Cook County Circuit Court and seeks unspecified damages.
While the health department believes the hummus is the cause of salmonella contamination, not all test results are back. As a precaution, the health department has asked the restaurant to restrain selling hummus until all test results are returned.
More than 500 people claimed to have had illness after eating the hummus from the Pars Cove booth, as of Monday. Of those cases, 50 were confirmed with salmonella and 17 people were hospitalized.