The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

The hospital spokesman calls it an “unfortunate and highly unusual occurrence.” The patient’s attorney says the patient awoke with her face and neck in flames. That is definitely unusual during a lymph-node biopsy. The allegation is that it was an anesthesiologist’s negligence during the surgery.

The hospital spokesman calls it an “unfortunate and highly unusual occurrence.” The patient’s attorney says the patient awoke with her face and neck in flames. That is definitely unusual during a lymph-node biopsy. The lawsuit alleges that it was an anesthesiologist’s negligence during the surgery that caused her to burst into flames. What could cause this bizarre scenario?

The Seattle Times article reports that the disaster may have been caused by the “inadvertent ignition of an alcohol-based hair-styling product.” Presumably, patients will now shampoo their hair before surgery even though the hospital claims to have “expanded its pre-surgery procedures to include screening for hair-care products.”

Comments are closed.

Of Interest