11182017Headline:

St. Petersburg, Florida

HomeFloridaSt. Petersburg

Email Bob Carroll Bob Carroll on LinkedIn Bob Carroll on Twitter Bob Carroll on Facebook
Bob Carroll
Bob Carroll
Contributor •

Exploding Battery Causes Facial Injuries

Comments Off

When a battery for your CD player fails the worst thing you expect is that you have to replace it with one that works. In this report of a recently filed lawsuit the Panasonic battery exploded and injured a minor. It appears that this product could be described as unreasonably dangerous.

Lawsuit cites burst battery

A Jeanerette woman is suing the Panasonic Corp. for injuries she claims her son suffered when a battery exploded in his face.

Roxanne Matthews is seeking unspecified damages. The lawsuit was filed in 16th Judicial District Court.

According to the lawsuit, Matthews’ minor son, Milton Archangel, was injured by a Panasonic battery purchased at a local Family Dollar Store in 2005. The lawsuit states Archangel was inserting the battery into a CD player when the battery exploded in his face.